The Nation's Health

No Makeup Week: Mint Julep Mask

Gerovital Cosmetics Romania

Special Makeup: Gerovital Cosmetics

As I mentioned in the previous post, I normally do not have a problem with acne; however, when I get stressed, I do tend to find breakouts on my face. This usually won't be too much of an issue because I'll brush a little powder over the spot and be on my way, but this "no makeup week" has really given me the chance to pay attention to my skin, and it's made my any "problems" a lot more obvious to me. As much as I hate these breakouts on my skin, I'm glad that I'm finally taking the chance to assess why they're happening and taking the initiative to clear them up in a faster manner.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Working at a health and beauty discount store, I've admired the bottles of Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque on the shelf for quite a while. While I used to use the Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion and loved it quite a bit, I stayed away from any facial products. In the past two years or so I've tried to stick with what the dermatologist has recommended me, but sometimes you just have to try something new!

After doing some research, I picked up a bottle of that Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque today after my shift. It's a bargain at about $4 for an eight-ounce bottle. Before applying the masque, I decided to steam my face. You can learn how to steam your face here. It's super relaxing and makes me feel refreshed (if a little sweaty... can one be refreshed and sweaty, I wonder?).

Afterwards, I applied the masque as directed on the back of the bottle. The scent of mint is very strong and at first I was worried that it would irritate my skin (my skin is sensitive and doesn't handle fragrance well), but I didn't have a problem. The mask should stay on for about fifteen minutes, and you can have a lot of fun grossing people out with the goofy green color!

My face felt so smooth when I finally washed away this masque, and I'm hoping to see some improvement soon! Have you ever used this product? What's your secret for dealing with acne? Hey US and Canada readers: You have until August 31 at noon, EST, to enter my Eco Lips Giveaway!